The Indiana Standardbred Association (ISA) is seeking an individual for a brand new position. Applications are now being accepted for Executive Director of the state’s recognized Standardbred horsemen’s organization.
Job Description as follows:
• Perform duties as designated by the ISA board of directors.
• Help the ISA with its stated “ISA Purpose”.
• Initiate and coordinate advertising and marketing efforts of harness racing at all levels (farms, sales, Hoosier Park, County Fairs, etc.) including publications, promotions, advertising, website and social media postings.
• Serve as the “face” of the ISA and its members at association, political, and community functions. Attend horsemen events and become familiar with ISA member concerns and suggestions for what the ISA can do better.
• Represent the ISA Board and its members to communicate with officers and committee chairmen, lobbyists, attorneys, Hoosier Park and County Fair representatives, IHRC, legislators, ISA magazine publicist, advertisers, web designers, etc.
• Attend meetings and events on behalf of the ISA Board, some of which include:
1. Meetings of the ISA Board of Directors. Serve as a liaison to the ISA Board of Directors and staff. Become knowledgeable of the Board’s stance on all matters and then communicate its positions in a clear and satisfactory manner to the membership, the IHRC, Hoosier Park, and professional representatives (lobbyists, legal counsel, accountants, etc.).
2. ISA Committee Meetings. The ED should expect to coordinate who attends all committee meetings and to state the goals of the meetings. The ED should maintain a journal of events that he/she attends with notes on who was in attendance, what was discussed, and the conclusions that were reached, including what subsequent actions should be taken as a result.
3. Meetings with Representatives of Hoosier Park, IHRC, Standardbred Breed Development and Standardbred Advisory Board. Attend and be able to communicate the positions of the ISA Board.
4. Legislative events. Coordinate who attends the meetings and what the events should accomplish. Then follow up with reports to the ISA Board.
Interested individuals in the Executive Director position should have experience with business administration, budgets, contracts, and marketing. Political knowledge is preferred.
Competitive compensation is being offered for the ISA Executive Director position. Qualified candidates may submit resumes and inquiries to email@example.com. The ISA will be accepting resumes through November 19, 2021.