(From the Indiana Horse Racing Commission)
Due to the COVID-19 government requirements, the State of Indiana has been encouraging state agencies to put alternate work schedules in place to fulfill social distancing recommendations from the CDC. The casinos and racetracks have been closed since March 16th. To further aid in the safety and health of our employees but still offer limited services, the IHRC plans to implement the following process outlined below at both of our racetrack licensing offices.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission will discontinue foot traffic into our commission licensing offices at Harrah’s Hoosier Park and Indiana Grand effective Friday, March 20, 2020. IHRC staff will be available via phone or e-mail Monday through Friday from 9 am – 3 pm. Racing participants seeking licensing information, questions or forms can do so utilizing phone, fax or email. Our offices will continue to process licenses, however, we will require those of you applying for a license to do so using one of the three processes described below:
- Apply and pay for your license utilizing the commission’s online application process;
- Those unable to utilize the online process, may choose to download a paper application from our website at https://www.in.gov/hrc/licensing/
- You may choose to scan and email (or fax) your completed application with credit card payment info included as a separate page to INHorseracing@hrc.in.gov or if faxing, to the appropriate license office fax number noted below; or
- You can mail via US postal service to the appropriate licensing office address noted below with your payment included.
- Paper applications will be available outside of each license office should you drive to the office to apply or not have the ability to download or print an application. Your completed application may be mailed to our office via US postal service with payment enclosed. You may also submit a paper application electronically by scanning or faxing your form with payment information attached as a separate page.
Applications without payment will be pended until payment is received. While applications with payment will be processed internally, applicants that need fingerprinting will be issued conditional licenses and asked to complete that process prior to racing once the tracks reopen for the season.
For more information, the IHRC may be reached through the Licensing Office email at: INHorseracing@hrc.in.gov